Saturday 9 May 2015

My Skin Salvation

Two products which changed my skin for the better...

In January my skin was the worst it has ever been in my life, I'm still not sure what caused it as there was no stress or change in products at the time but it was awful. I have always been very lucky with my skin as it usually is quite healthy looking and clear but those two months were so bad I had to change my skin routine to banish the blemishes and demolish the dryness.

1) Cleanser: Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm
















I bought this a while ago and can't remember it being the most stand out product i've ever used and so for  few months ended up going from this to the Garnier micellar water. Even though this did a wonderful job of cleansing and removing my makeup I couldn't help but worry as it felt my skin wasn't getting enough moisture as it should so I went back to boots and purchased this cleansing balm again. It is a very thick yellow  balm that almost looks like butter in the pot and turns into an oil when put onto the face. I was worried that it would make my face more oily but it actually helps to balance out the natural oils of the face and I think in fact has made my greasier patches more manageable. It scrubs my face makeup of extremely well ( though I still use the micellar water to remove eye makeup)  and leaves my face feeling soft and fresh. It does leave a sort an oily film around the face but I then continue my routine with a scrub so this quickly goes away. Many people don't like the muslin cloth that comes with it but I think it has the perfect size and exfoliation for my skin. I would give this product a 9/10 as I think it has helped my skin to gain moisture and control oil, it is very reasonably priced at £8.99 and a product that is very overlooked in a big world of cleansing balms. And it's organic!

2) Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse Off Formula





















Firstly what magic is this product? I found two very dirty looking sample tubes of this in the back of a cupboard and because my skin was so bad at this point I thought 'what the hell I'll go for it'. It was a good decision. It is honestly amazing. When you squeeze it out it looks like a cream and you cant see any of the exfoliating bits but as soon as you rub it on you can instantly feel them working. The exfoliating particles aren't too sharp that you feel as though you are cheese grating your face but also not to soft as though someone is just stroking you with an expensive feather. It perfectly exfoliates my face and removes the dead cells of the day leaving a glowy effect the next day . It also dramatically improved my troubled skin and I immediately went out to buy a full size. It is a little pricey at £19.00 but it is 100ml of pure gold and a little goes a very long way. I rave and recommend it to everyone who tells me of their skin issues and I think it really would work for many if not all skin types. Definitely a 10/10.

So that is how I changed my skin back around. It isn't solely down to these two products alone as my night routine does continue into serums and moisturisers but all that is for another time. Skin can often be a tricky and unpredictable part of the body but we just have to pull on the reins and show it who's boss ;)

Bella X

No comments:

Post a Comment