Friday 1 May 2015

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude Foundation ~ best foundation I own!

My Favourite Foundation Yet!




My journey with foundation began years ago when I first bought a Max factor cream type foundation that was in a pot and was applied with a thin round sponge. It was the worst mistake I have ever made in my makeup life! It caked up on my skin very easily and would crack or reveal unflattering dry patches on my nose, it was completely the wrong choice of foundation for my young skin and I cringe when I see photos of me wearing it as it looks awful. 
For around a year after this I refused to even look at a foundation bottle in fear I would become a powdery cake mess and resorted to only using bb creams and tinted moisturisers. In truth I'm actually glad I did this. This gave my young skin a chance to truly show me what it responded well too and I stayed looking my age for as long as possible. 

I finally decided after around 1 and a half years I would try out foundation once again ( though avoiding anything in  a pot with a sponge) and I never looked back. I have tried loads now from various brands both high end and drugstore. I still love bb creams as they will forever be my forgiving friend who helped me see what I truly wanted to look like but foundation is now a joy to work with. 

At the moment my favourite ( for the past 5 months now) has been the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Nude foundation in 100 Ivory. I've now gone through nearly two bottles and absolutely am in love with it. It never feels cakey as it is extremely lightweight and no matter how much you put on it blends out to give you a flawless complexion. It is medium coverage which is what I personally like and I just really love the way it makes my skin look and feel better but without feeling like I'm wearing makeup. It is also really easy to remove so you don't have to spend hours scrubbing your face. I haven't found it to break me out but you never really can be 100% about anything so it may not work for some people. I think this foundation would work for all skin types except maybe if you have dry skin as it does dry slightly matte. 
I believe it retails for around £7.99 in boots but they are often on offer or cheaper in other drugstores like body care where i've seen them sold for £4.99. I would probably give this foundation a 9/10 as it has completley restored my faith in foundation but still doesn't make me look like kate moss so I guess it's that 1 mark from a full house ;) 

 Bella X 



No comments:

Post a Comment